Wednesday, August 25, 2021

A Word for Wednesday

Pandarus :  Be moderate, be moderate.

Cressida :  Why tell you me of moderation?
                    The grief is fine, full, perfect, that I taste,
                    And violenteth in a sense as strong
                    As that which causeth it: how can I moderate it?
                    If I could temporize with my affection,
                    Or brew it to a weak and colder palate,
                    The like allayment could I give my grief:
                    My love admits no qualifying dross;
                    No more my grief, in such a precious loss.

~from Troilus and Cressida by William Shakespeare~

4 comments:

  1. I'm back and here to stalk you! Or more like get caught up on the months of posts I've missed, but that doesn't sound nearly as intriguing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! This is very close to my internal monologue when deciding whether to have another glass of wine before bed...

    ReplyDelete