Sunday, December 31, 2017

Let's Bust a Recap : 2017

2017 has come and gone, and I more than doubled my reading goal for the year! I even exceeded my secret goal. If you'll remember waaaay back to New Years Day, I posted my 2017 book list and stated my official goal for the year as 12 books: one a month. Really, my unofficial goal was 15 books for this year. I wanted to do better than I did in 2015 (my first year with a book list), but I still wanted to keep my expectations realistic. My secret goal evolved throughout the year. At first, it was 20 books. But when I got to October and realized I was already 18 books in and going strong, I upped it to 24 to match last year. When I hit 24, I even flirted with the idea of trying to get to 30, but alas, my final tally ended up at 26. It was a good year, and overall, I read some great books.
Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie : completed 1/6
A touch of whimsy to start the new year. Loved this charming read.

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (re-read) : completed 1/26
Never gets old.

Immediately added to my list of go-to books. Little Women, Little Men, and Jo's Boys are perfect.

Possibly the best Shakespearean comedy I've read so far although it's pretty neck-and-neck with Much Ado About Nothing.

For sure the best presidential biography I've read to date.




Ugh. Worst read of the year.

The Atonement Child by Francine Rivers (re-read) : completed 5/28

Emma by Jane Austen (re-read) : completed 6/14


Not my favorite. Hopefully we can only go up from here with Dumas.

EVERYONE DIES.

This could be the best book I've ever read in my entire life. So good.

Agnes Grey by Anne Bronte : completed 8/29

Excellent. Made me excited for more Hardy.

Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers (re-read) : completed 10/7
11 years since I last read it?? I'm so old! *sob*

All. The. Tears. Perfect ending.

SO much better than the movie.

Left a lot to be desired.

Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery (re-read) : completed 12/11



Kissing Father Christmas by Robin Jones Gunn : completed 12/19

Angels at the Table by Debbie Macomber : completed 12/22
Silly book with outrageous theological implications. After my second Debbie Macomber read, I can't really say I'm turning into a fan. Fun but totally ridiculous.

How did you make out with your 2017 resolutions? Check back in a few days for my 2018 book list!

7 comments:

  1. So proud that you completed your list(s)!!! Looking forward to completing mine! Already have 1 down!! 🙌🏼🙌🏼

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your little recaps. 'EVERYONE DIES.' Haha. (P.S. This is @tiredmomreading - when I comment on blogger it shows up under my personal profile.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it might be you because I got all your comment notifications at the same time I also got notifications that you replied to my comments on your blog. Welcome! :)

      Delete