Saturday, June 6, 2015

Sweet Times

Y'all, I know it's Saturday, but I just wanted to give you a little peek into my day. It's been on the yucky, rainy, thundery side--perfect for staying inside and reading. And this guy has been by my side constantly. 

Reading Little Women with my puppy in my lap? Yes, please. Sometimes he drives me crazy, and there are days when I'm ready to put him out by the road with a For Sale sign, but really, he's the sweetest little guy, and I can't imagine our lives without him now. 

"Dog are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole." -Roger Caras

"The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog." 
-M.K. Clinton

"Why does watching a dog be a dog fill one with happiness?" -Jonathan Safran Foer

"When an eighty-five pound mammal licks your tears away, then tries to sit on your lap, it's hard to feel sad." -Kristan Higgins

"Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished." -Dean Koontz

"Happiness is a warm puppy." -Charles M. Schulz

4 comments:

  1. He is so dang cute. I miss him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "When an eighty-five pound mammal licks your tears away, then tries to sit on your lap, it's hard to feel sad." -Kristan Higgins

    FAVORITE! I can remember holding my dog and crying when I was all teen and angsty, and it made me feel better. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously. I have already cried onto Colonel's shoulder more times than I care to admit.

      Although right at this very second, he's on one of his driving me crazy kicks. Want him?

      Delete