Friday, May 29, 2015

Casual Fridays

Well, by the time you read this, we will be in North Carolina! Which is good because NC is one of my favorite places on earth, and this is how I've been feeling about life lately:
Adoption is really hard. I mean, like, excruciatingly hard. And believe me when I say that I know people mean well when they ask me if there are any updates. I know they love me, and are anxious to love on my kid(s). And I'm so blessed to have so many people supporting Cody and me through this, praying for us, and looking forward to meeting our child or children. 

I also know that God is in control. I know that all the hard stuff on this side of the adoption will be worth it when we finally bring our babies home. I know that I can trust God with all of it.

I really do.  If I didn't, we'd have pulled out of this a long time ago and moved on with our lives. 

So when someone else tritely responds to my shake of the head that, no, there is still no news with, "Well, God is in control, it will all be worth it"--I want to scream.

Do you want to know the best thing you could say to me right now if you must bring up the adoption? Honestly? You could just put your arm around me and acknowledge that, yes, this is really hard. This totally sucks. That you love me and you're praying for me. Just be prepared for me to turn into a blubbering mess all over you.

Or if you have a lot of willpower, you could not mention it at all. Believe me, when we get a referral, when we get to travel to meet him or her or them, when we finally are able to bring them home, I will be singing it from the rooftops. You will not be in the dark on that. If I'm not dancing up to you with some big life-changing, adoption-related news, I kid you not, there is none. And asking me about it is just a painful reminder that nothing is happening.

If you're reading this and you have asked me about it, please, PLEASE, don't think I'm upset with you. Go back up and re-read the part where I'm so, so thankful for all the prayers, love, and support. I've just learned that until you're going through something difficult, you don't understand what may or may not be hurtful. Hopefully this post will be helpful, an education, if you will. I love you, and I'm thankful that you care about me.

Well, that got heavy. I really wasn't planning to go into all that. Let's switch to a different topic.

Colonel's Corner
I love this puppy, y'all. Love him. But this week, we were not on speaking terms. 

He ate my Cake Batter ChapStick.

That is a cardinal sin in this household, and I was furious.

I mean, you know that I'm addicted to ChapStick, and my Cake Batter one was my favorite. The one I keep by my bed at all times. Don't tell me to stop being dramatic about this. It's not funny, ok? I was seriously ready to put him up for sale.

But we made up. He really is the sweetest.

If he eats my Sweet Peach ChapStick though, we're done. 

Have a wonderful weekend! I know I will because I'll be in the great state of North Carolina. Don't hate me if I miss a couple posts next week, and in the meantime, send ChapStick.

Verse of the Week
"Shall we indeed accept good from God and not accept adversity?" Job 2:10

4 comments:

  1. So... the verse of the week applies to the chapstick, right? ;)
    I love you, Best Friend.
    You know what's good for cheering up? C'mon, you know! *hint, It's cold and full of chocolate*

    ReplyDelete