Friday, May 1, 2015

Casual Fridays

Tomorrow is my best-friend-turned-sister-in-law's 5th wedding anniversary. WHAT?! Lynds, I can't believe it's been five years since we drove over to the beach and got you married. Happy Anniversary! I love you, girl!


Next, I'd like to take a minute to talk about my new favorite ice cream: Ben & Jerry's The Tonight Dough. Yes. It's important enough to blog about. In case you can't read the description in the picture, The Tonight Dough is comprised of caramel and chocolate ice creams with chocolate cookie swirls and gobs of chocolate chip cookie dough and peanut butter cookie dough.

Y'all.

It. Is. To. Die. For. 

I may or may not have eaten a pint of it yesterday while watching The Gay Divorcee. Don't judge me.


Speaking of The Gay Divorcee, do I have any other Fred and Ginger fans reading? I could watch them dance all day. They are some of my ultimate comfort movies. I think my favorite line from this particular one is, "Pining?! Men don't pine. Girls pine. Men just...suffer." Oh Fred.

I've been jamming to Reba's 50 Greatest Hits this week. It's been a while since I've listened to straight-up Reba, and you know something? That woman sings more cheatin' songs than I know what to do with. But she makes it sound good. Not cheating....just the songs....I love her voice....oh nevermind, I'm never gonna be able to dig myself back out of that hole.

Colonel's Corner
Oh my. This dog. On Wednesday, I gave him a bath--he's been needing one in a big way--and then yesterday, we go out in the backyard, and he bolts straight to the lake to jump and roll around in the muddiest part. So much for being clean. What am I going to do with him?!

Good thing he's so darn cute. I guess we'll keep him.


Well, that's it for today. Can you believe it's May already?! May's a big month around here. Tomorrow is my niece's last soccer game and then BOTH my nieces are spending the night! I hope your weekend is as fun, fun, fun as mine is going to be!

What are your ultimate comfort movies and snacks? Do you have a favorite Ben & Jerry's? How about a favorite Fred & Ginger flick? Holla' back at me in the comments especially if you hate to love cheatin' music.  ;)

7 comments:

  1. Never tried "The Tonight Dough", so that may be my new favorite, but Chunky Monkey has always been my fav. I'm a sucker for anything banana, though. ;) wooHoo!! 5 years!! 5 years has never seem so long, but yet flown by so fast! Man, what great day! I am thankful to God for my husband and all the special people there that day!! Shout out to Reagan for being the BEST last minute photographer!

    Thank you for keeping our girls! I'm praying they don't wear you all out too much! ;P

    Also, never seen Fred and Ginger, but you know I will always find to time to "love to hate" the cheatin Reba songs with you!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reverse that, "hate to love". Haha!

      Delete
    2. Girl, I know. There have been so many highs and lows these past 5 years. I love you guys so much and am so proud of you for sticking it out together and growing closer to each other and God through it all.

      Oh girl, we need to have a girls night so I can introduce you to the magic that is Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers!! The first time I made Cody watch one, he was a little in awe and he also promptly informed me that Ginger Rogers was his new celebrity crush, which I totally approve of. She's hot.

      Also, let's go to the beach and blast Reba the whole way there and back while the husbands keep the kids and dog. K? =)

      Delete
    3. P.S. I've never been able to get into Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey because of the walnuts BUT Publix had a limited edition ice cream several years ago that was kindof their own spin on Chunky Monkey and there were no nuts in it and it was my FAVORITE! I was so sad when they discontinued it and want them to bring it back soooo bad!

      Delete
  2. ❤️ Girls night, most definitely. Beach day, abso-freakin-lutely. Publix version, come back to is for our GNO!! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say to all this is - The Tonight Dough is like a balm for my screaming ovaries. #mentalpicturewin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I literally just pictured what a screaming uterus looks like. It wasn't hard because mine is screaming at me right now. (Hence why I pictured a screaming uterus instead of screaming ovaries.)

      Delete