Friday, June 5, 2015

Casual Fridays

Yesterday, I got to have some quality one-on-one time with my niece. We're both firstborns so we relate to each other in a special way. (If you're not a firstborn, you just wouldn't understand. sorrynotsorry.) It was definitely the highlight of my week so prepare to be inundated with adorable photos of our day yesterday. If that's not your thing...well...you have no soul. But you have been warned.
We started the day off right with the decision to make cookies. 

Chewy, peanut butter, oatmeal, chocolate chip cookies. Because if you can't put all the ingredients in, then what's the point? There's oatmeal in it, it's healthy okay?!

So we apron-ed up, cranked the Disney tunes, and got to work.









A lot of spoon-licking was involved.

(Don't worry, Mom, that's straight-up peanut butter she's licking in this picture. I mean, you can even see the vat of Jif and everything.)















Uhhh...I can't promise that she didn't consume some of the dough before we baked it though. I mean, we had to make sure it was good! No worries. It was a miniscule amount. And it's practically like eating oatmeal, remember? Once we got the dough in the fridge, we decided to take the Colonel on a walk.

When I handed her the leash, she looked up at me and said, "Auntie Hannah, I have to hold the bag of poop now."

Whatever floats your boat, kiddo.

Once we got back from our walk, it was naptime. No photos of that because hello, serious sleeping happening. But after we all woke up, we decided to have a silly photo shoot while our amazing cookies baked to a state of perfection. Thanks for your Photo Booth app, Macintosh. Kudos to you. Here's a few of my faves:

Listen, did I or did I not say inundated?! You're lucky I narrowed it down to six, okay?





We finished up our cookies, taste tested a couple while letting Ariel, Flounder, and Sebastian entertain us, then it was time to pack her up and take her home. 

It was a super-fun day, and I hope she has fond memories of hanging out with her Auntie Hannah when she's all grown-up. Which will be like tomorrow. I mean, this kid is 3 going on 16. Stop. Growing. Up.








What are your favorite kind of cookies? Send me all the recipes. And speaking of recipes: Lynds. Chocolate cake. I neeeeeeed it!

Do you have any awesome memories of hanging out with a particularly cool aunt or uncle?

4 comments:

  1. I just showed her this post and she told me about EVERY picture. She loves you and so do i! What a special day! I KNOW she will remember all the precious days spent with Auntie Hannah! ❤️

    Aunt Kristie would paint my nails, everytime i came over. Seriously. Every. Time. She would also make cookies and just talk with me as a Big Sister/Best Friend/Awesome person. She still does. Im so thankful for her!!! ❤️❤️❤️

    P.S. I dont care about the dough. That is what makes the memories stick. 😉

    P.P.S. I will make the cake this weekend. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first memory I have of having my nails painted was with my Aunt Natalie. =) Aunts are good for that.

      P.S. Ok, but I want the recipe tooooo! <3

      Delete
  2. I don't really have a ton of awesome memories with any of my aunts (shhh, don't tell), but I've had some great times with Bella and Liam already! I want to be the awesome aunt for them that I always wanted growing up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally are an awesome aunt to them. They adore you. =)

      Delete