Well hello there! I realize I haven't been the most faithful with the posts lately. So today I've decided to dedicate our Casual Friday to telling you all the reasons I haven't been around. Sound good?
Excuses For Being Totes M.I.A. From Blog-Land Lately
1) Did you catch the very end of this post where I casually mentioned that we bought a house? It's true. We're homeowners now, and this is definitely the biggest reason I haven't been keeping up with blogging. I've been unpacking, unpacking, unpacking, and I'm finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Cody and I have moved 4 times in less than 4 years of marriage together, and I'm optimistically expecting this to be the last time (at least for a very, very long time). I absolutely love my little house o' dreams, and I hope we never leave it. Happily, I think all my boys have completely assimilated to our new home and want to stay, too.
2) Because of this gigantic life change, I haven't exactly been tearing through my book list. I think there was a week or two where I didn't even read at all. I haven't touched The Good Girl's Guide or In Their Own Voices since I mentioned them in this post, but I did decide that it was time for something friendly and familiar so I'm about halfway through Sense and Sensibility. Which I have to say is a lovely break from all the craziness that is moving. Why is this an excuse? Because this blog is supposed to be about what I'm reading, and I haven't been reading.
3) My husband let me buy a piano! We finally have room for one, so I got on craigslist and contacted several different people, saw and played a few, and finally found one that has been loved and taken care of that I thought was perfect. So all the spare minutes (and some of the not-so-spare ones) find me sitting at the keys, fumbling my way through all my old music. #bliss
4) I've been helping out a friend with one of her sweet little munchkins quite a bit these last couple of weeks and who wants to blog when you can play with a baby? Not me.
5) Naps. Because priorities, amiright? Most days over the past month, when I finally get a second to sit down and take a breath, I think to myself, "I guess I could try and crank out a blog post." And then two hours later...I wake up. To make matters worse, enter Daylight Savings Time. I'm a night owl by nature, so losing an hour has screwed with me in an ugly way. I'm getting to bed later (in fact, it's 1:52 AM at the time I'm writing this post), but I still have to actually get up in the morning. What a cruel trick. #napsforthewin #nappingisbetterthanblogging
So there you have it. Excuses for my blog-silence. These could also be dubbed "Excuses For Not Cooking Dinner" or "Excuses For Running Out of Milk". I hope you'll forgive me. Thankfully, my husband sure has. What have you been up to lately?