Friday, January 1, 2016

2016 Book List

And just like that, it's a new year. Time for this year's book list. Let's just get right to it, shall we?
Theodore Roosevelt : H.W. Brands
The Good Girl's Guide to Great Sex : Sheila Gregoire
In Their Own Voices : Simon & Roorda
Let Me Be A Woman : Elisabeth Elliot
The Weight of Glory : C.S. Lewis
Secrets of the Blessed Man : Paul Tassell
The Pilgrim's Progress : John Bunyan
A Midsummer-Night's Dream : William Shakespeare
Macbeth : William Shakespeare
Sense and Sensibility : Jane Austen
Great Expectations : Charles Dickens
The Last of the Mohicans : James Fenimore Cooper
The Scarlet Letter : Nathaniel Hawthorne
Little Men : Louisa May Alcott
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn : Mark Twain
To Kill a Mockingbird : Harper Lee
The Book Thief : Markus Zusak
Stepping Heavenward : Elizabeth Prentiss


You'll recognize several of these titles from last year's book list that I didn't end up reading. A few of these I have already begun (as you well know--TR, I will finish you!). A couple of these were Christmas presents (To Kill a Mockingbird and The Book Thief--yay!). As you can see, I have listed 18 books. My goal this year is to read 20. One slot is reserved for the next Christy & Todd book by Robin Jones Gunn (I can't wait!), and one slot I am leaving open for the book of my choice. I am going to try to do a better job this year of sticking to my list and actually reading all 20 books (and hopefully more!). I think it's totally do-able. 

Happy New Year! 

What are some of your reading goals or New Years Resolutions?

11 comments:

  1. Good! Love it! I am in still in the process of making mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So proud of you for making one! You can do it!

      Delete
  2. I haven't ever made a list of books to read in a year. I may try it. To Kill a Mockingbird is one of my favorites, and The Book Thief is one of the best modern classics that I have read in a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last year was my first book list ever. And I read more new-to-me books than I have in....well...maybe ever. It's funny you picked out To Kill A Mockingbird to comment on because I went on a quick trip to NY this weekend with my mom and mother-in-law and that's the book I took with me. I've never heard anyone say they didn't like it, and I can see why. I can't put it down.

      Delete
  3. Ah Hannah you don't disappoint; TR first on the list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean I DO disappoint? Didn't finish it last year.

      Delete
  4. !!!! Wow! You got some GREAT books on here!!

    Last of the Mohicans, Pilgrims Progress (which is way better than the second one about his wife, not sure why though), and Huck Finn are some of my favorite books ever! I can't wait to hear what you think about them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm pretty excited about this list. I think I can exceed my 20 book goal this year.

      Delete
  5. How are you doing on this so far? We should go over it during best friend day. Just add it to the list of things to do. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #1 - Ben & Jerry's
      #2 - Haircuts
      #3 - Sing together
      #4 - Share YouTube videos
      #5 - Silly pictures
      #6 - Recap Book List

      Have you gotten emails about all my comments? Because I'm clicking through your blog posts, and some of them you haven't responded to, so now I'm paranoid. lol

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I went through and responded to a bunch, and then I had to go. I just got back on and had 34 new e-mails! LOL! I completed 2 books in January, 2 in February, 0 in March (moving, duh), and 1 so far in April. Already doing way better than last year. =)

      P.S. Loving the list!

      Delete