Monday, April 20, 2015

Mothers

Mothers Day is coming up in a few short weeks (May 10th, to be exact, so consider this your reminder), but rather than posting something then, I decided to post today because, well, I'm reading Little Women (yes, it won out for A Book To Read--I love it so much), and this absolutely perfect quote was in the very first chapter:
"She wasn't a particularly handsome person, but mothers are always lovely to their children, and the girls thought the gray cloak and unfashionable bonnet covered the most splendid woman in the world."
From chapter 1 ("Playing Pilgrims") on page 17.

And isn't it just the truth? My mother is the loveliest and the best. I love you, Mom!

the most splendid mother in the world with all her babies (the last one still inside)
1994

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE that picture!! I often wonder how my girls will see me when they grow up. I hope and pray it is positive. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's one of my favorites! They will think you are the most splendid mother in the world, no doubt. =)

      Delete
  2. That's got to be the best picture of me to date

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aawww.... I love you so much. You will be a splendid mother, I have no doubts.

    ReplyDelete