Friday, April 17, 2015

Casual Fridays

What a week, what a week! First of all, let me begin by saying that my brother and his wife were down again last weekend, and we had a little Yahtzee rematch. I totally killed with a whopping total score of 309. I'm pretty sure 2nd place was a full 20 points behind me. No brag, just fact. Ah, sweet justice!

Moving on, I'm going to need to gush for a second about where I live. Can you just check out the view from my window?
#wonderstruck

Look at those perfect, white, fluffy clouds on that gorgeous sky-blue backdrop. And I know those are just weeds that really need to be cleared out of there, but in the meantime, I am loving those yellow and purple flowers growing straight up out of the lake. We went to the beach on Sunday to celebrate my mommy-in-law's birthday, and it was the best day. I've been practically living outside this week. I know Cody and I may not live in Florida for the rest of our lives, but for right now, my heart is full. 
I know I just said I've practically been living outside, but I did come in for a few hours on Tuesday afternoon to watch Ramona and Beezus with my youngest sister-in-law. (Thanks for indulging me, Savannah!) Y'all, the first time I watched this movie, it became an instant favorite of mine. I love it so much. It's such a feel-good, wholesome family film, and I would highly recommend it if you've never seen it and are looking for something good. In fact, if you want to come over, I will pop up a big bowl of hot buttery popcorn and watch it with you. (Seriously. Girls Night In, anyone?) It never gets old. Maybe someday I will review some Ramona Quimby books on the blog, but sadly, I do not own a single one. *sigh*

Been listening to a lot of Ginny Owens this week. 
Particularly her Without Condition and Long Way Home albums.
She's so good.

Oh and this song. It's super-fun.



Colonel's Corner
So you know how last week I mentioned that Colonel was getting his first-ever haircut and how I was so petrified that they were going to ruin him? Well, he's cuter than ever. They did such a good job. He looks like a lean, handsome dog now instead of a shaggy little brown bear. I insisted Cody take some before and after pictures of us. He was thrilled to oblige, let me tell ya. You can see the results below. Maybe you can't really tell, but the difference is huge.
Before
After
Link Love           
Quote of the Week
"I want the presence of God Himself, 
or I don't want anything at all to do with religion. 
I want all that God has or I don't want any."
-A.W. Tozer



I think I'll wrap this post up by telling you that I treated myself to a little back porch pedicure this week (I repeat, living outside lately), and I have decided that I will never be too old to paint my toenails Barbie hot pink. 
***

Be fabulous, and if you happen to be awake at 4 AM tomorrow morning, say a prayer for me. I'm chaperoning an all-nighter for a bunch of 5th and 6th grade girls tonight. 

#nevergrowingup


P.S. Sawyer Fredericks is in the Top 10. He is so winning this show.

8 comments:

  1. We still need to do that girls' night we were talking about...S party :) Or was it "p"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Definitely. And even though we probably couldn't get the letter party together by next Friday night, we should still have a girls night next Friday because Cody is going to be at the church for that simulcast thing till like 1 in the morning or something. =)

      Delete
  2. We need to play yahtzee!!! Jon is not a fan of it lol so I never play lol. Love your dog BTW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I've been wanting to plan another game night (or afternoon) but the last couple months have been so crazy around here. We should have a girls night next Friday. Cody is going to that simulcast thing at church.

      Delete
    2. We should!!! I'm supposed to go too but were only staying a couple hours because if the kids

      Delete
    3. Well you should definitely come over. I talked to Christina about it, and I want to see what Danette and Amy and Beka and my sisters (in law) are doing too. Let's make a night of it!

      Delete