Friday, September 15, 2017

Casual Fridays

I can see clearly now the rain is gone. And let's just do a Currently I'm... post because it seems like a good idea.  

Reading...
... Ezekiel. I'll be honest, Jeremiah and Ezekiel have not been easy books for me this time around. I don't know if it's just been the craziness of Hurricane Irma or the KJV or what, but I've had a tough time staying focused during these two particular books. 

... Tess of the D'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy. If you've been keeping up, this is my 17th read of the year so far, and it's also the last book I have left from my original 2017 book list! (Except for Sunset Lullaby by RJG which doesn't even come out till November 10th and will only take me about a day to read if past performance is any indicator.) 

Addicted to...

... the snack that smiles back: Goldfish. A bowlful a day keeps the doctor away. Or something like that.

... IBC Black Cherry Cokes. And there's no caffeine in them so I don't even have to feel bad about drinking them, right?!

... Taco Bell chalupas, no sour cream. Because a cheap meal and no dinner clean-up is what being an American is all about.

Craving...

... ALL THE THINGS that are not in my house. Cheese fries from Andy's, mall food court Chinese, apple cider, Publix pumpkin pie or chocolate cake with buttercream icing. None of it's here and I want all of it. I'm thinking these are sympathy cravings for my sister-in-law who's PREGNANT! in case you missed it last week. Caroline, I am here and willing to gain the baby weight with you, my friend. (Although I'm not sure Cody will be on board.)

Watching...

... Gilmore Girls. There's just something about this time of year that makes me want to revisit Stars Hollow. 

... The Dick Van Dyke Show. Personally, I don't know of anyone who can touch Dick Van Dyke's physical comedy. I love that guy. 

... Julie's Greenroom. Julie Andrews is one classy lady, y'all. This show is adorable. Not like, sit-and-bingewatch-the-entire-season-in-one-day adorable, but adorable nonetheless. 

Listening...

... to lots of Michael Bublé lately. He's my jam this time of year.

... to Kelly Clarkson. She was my yard clean-up music of choice this week. And her new song Love So Soft is dance-tastic. (Thanks for the tip, Reagan.)

... to Adventures in Odyssey. Perpetually. But particularly the "For Whom the Wedding Bells Toll" episode from album #29: Signed, Sealed & Committed. 

Feeling...
... very relieved that Hurricane Irma is over. 

... extremely grateful that we did not experience any significant damage from the storm and were without power for less than 24 hours. A massive thank you to everyone who is working around the clock to restore power to the state of Florida and helping with clean-up and restoration. #FloridaStrong

... sore from picking up our yard. I've used muscles this week I forgot I had. #ouch

Praying...

... for those who got hit worse than we did. Naples and Jacksonville are underwater and something like 60% of the state is still without power. God is always good, and God is bigger than Irma.

Loving...
... my family. Always and forever. But particularly having them in and out of my home all week taking hot showers, grilling up all the food before it goes bad and eating together, just hanging out in the AC--I love my tribe, y'all. 


What's currently going on with you?

15 comments:

  1. First of all, this post is amazing. Second, i love you too. Third, Adventures in Odyssey is the bomb.com and always will be. Fourth and finally, yes that Kelly Clarkson song is the beeessstttt! *in Jean Ralphio voice*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Oh Jean Ralphio. Love you too! (Have you heard that Adventures in Odyssey episode I'm talking about? It's where Connie picks Jason up from the airport and tells him someone is getting married in a few days and it could either be Whit, Jack, OR Eugene...lol)

      Delete
    2. The beeeEeeeEeeessst *echoing in Mona Lisa voice*

      Delete
  2. Commenting from my phone again because...determined.

    TACO BELL?? Are you serious?! I've been eating an embarrassing amount of Taco Bell soft tacos, no lettuce, two packs of mild sauce per 😖 (It'll be super appropriate if he's a Cinco 😉).

    Love this post & you. Forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sympathy cravings VERIFIED! #kindredspirits

      Love YOU.

      Delete
  3. This is your mother. I've been eating Goldfish, too, way too many. I love you. May I please borrow the Bronte book next week for my bank directors' retreat? I'm hoping to have time to read. And thank you again for the hot showers and good food during IRMAthon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you can borrow the book! Love you.

      Delete
  4. reading: scripts scripts scripts
    addicted to: i'm putting sriracha on everything. yeah i'm that guy.
    craving: junk food. i miss junk food.
    watching: IT was fantastic. saw it twice.
    listening: lots of early 00s punk and pop rock.
    feeling: busy and tired and busy and tired but happy camper
    praying: quick recoveries from devastation last few months
    loving: the hustle, the job, the car, my city, my friends, and fam always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS9QB4o3Dk8

      Delete
    2. ^^^and this, folks, is reason #9423456787 why i'm in love with Amy Adams

      Delete
  5. Cody and Hannahbelle, you two are the best. Thanks for the hot showers, the great sweet chili (two days in a row) and the peaceful home after long hot days and nights. I am for no more hurricanes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you, Dad. And yeah: stay away, hurricanes!

      Delete
  6. Mmmmm, chalupasssss...remember when Taco Bell had the double chalupa? #gold #partyinmymouth #nottobeinappropriateoranything

    ReplyDelete