Friday, September 8, 2017

Casual Fridays

It's been over a month since our last Casual Friday, and I thought I'd pop on today to spam you with photos of my adorable nieces.
You're welcome. 
Aren't they the cutest, sweetest, silliest girls you've ever seen in your life? I'm not attached to them at all

And GUESS WHAT!
There's another one on the way!! Well, I suppose we could get a nephew this time. Only God knows. Either way, I'm massively excited. 

And here are the cutest, sweetest, silliest dogs on the planet, in case you wondered if they still take up residence with us:
They have such a hard life, y'all. 

Frankly, I'm having a hard time stringing intelligible sentences together because the only words in my brain lately are "Hurricane Irma". We've been battening down all our hatches and praying God turns her back out to sea where she can't do any more damage.
Can you even see Florida on that map? Yeah, me either. Personally, I'm missing the days when hurricanes meant going out to play soccer with my friends. Not discussing whether or not we should board up our windows with my husband. Hashtag adulting and homeownership and all that. God is bigger. 

Let's end on a happier note: 
I stole away to my favorite beach spot for a few hours on Labor Day. I'm tearing through Tess of the D'Urbervilles and definitely thinking another Hardy will make it on next year's book list. 

Stay dry out there and fill me in on what's been happening with you lately!

6 comments:

  1. Great pictures! Go away Irma, you drunken ratfink!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Drunken ratfink" has to be ONE of the funniest phrases I've ever 'heard' your dad say. Still can't believe it was him. Hahahaha!

      Delete
    2. I've been waiting for someone--ANYONE--to respond to that! Hahaha!

      Delete
  2. I hope that you guys weathered Irma well!

    Hardy is a pretty good writer. Far From the Madding Crowd is my favorite of his, but I don't think that I've read The Return of the Native. So who knows, that one may be my favorite if I ever get around to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We made it through. No damage and we didn't even lose power for a full 24 hours, so no complaints here!

      I'm really enjoying Tess. (Though Irma did slow me down a little.) I have Far from the Madding Crowd (you are not the first person to tell me that one is their favorite Hardy), The Return of the Native, and Jude the Obscure on my bookshelf. I think I may save Madding Crowd for last since so many people like it best. We'll see. :)

      Delete