It's been a minute since we attempted a Top 10 list around here, and today I'm going to try my hand at one that has almost limitless possibilities. There are hundreds, even thousands, of beautiful hymns of the faith, and the following list contains my absolute favorites. Worshiping God through song is not only a natural response to the mercy He's shown us (Psalm 89:1, Psalm 104:33), it's an obedient response as well (Psalm 105:2, Colossians 3:16). This list was surprisingly easy to compile given the myriad options available. Without further ado, Hannah's Top 10 Favorite Hymns of the Faith.
1. I'd Rather Have Jesus (1922: Text by Rhea F. Miller, Music by George Beverly Shea)
2. Jesus Paid It All (1865: Text by Elvina M. Hall, Music by John T. Grape)
3. I Need Thee Every Hour (1872: Text by Annie S. Hawks, Music by Robert Lowry)
4. Come, Thou Fount (1757: Text by Robert Robinson, Music by John Wyeth)
5. What a Friend We Have in Jesus (1855: Text by Joseph M. Scriven, Music by Charles Crozat Converse)
6. I'll Fly Away (1929: Text & Music by Albert E. Brumley)
7. 'Tis So Sweet (1882: Text by Louisa M.R. Stead, Music by William J. Kirkpatrick)
8. The Old Rugged Cross (1912: Text & Music by George Bennard)
9. Praise to the Lord, the Almighty (1680/1863: Text by Joachim Neander/Catherine Winkworth, old folk melody)
10. Victory in Jesus (1939: Text & Music by Eugene Bartlett)
What are some of your favorite hymns?