Tuesday, February 21, 2017

A Tuesday Confession

I have the worst high school yearbook pictures in the history of the world.
I know that there are many people out there who might think this about themselves, but mine are actually the worst.
I would show you, but it's just too embarrassing.
Okay, fine: I'll show you anyway. What's the point of a Tuesday Confessional if we can't laugh about these things, right?
Oh y'all.
It pains me to look at them.
Hi Ellie Mae (Freshman Hannah) who wore overalls to school on picture day. The tweasers were not your friend freshman year, were they?
Sophomore year: I will never forgive that crock of a photographer whose actual mission was to wait to snap the photograph until he could extract the worst possible facial expression from me. I'm serious. (Mini-rant here: I sat there smiling while he said stupid things like, "Say 'I love hamburgers!' or 'I love peas!' or 'I love my boyfriend!'" And finally, in exasperation, I ground out, "I don't have a boyfriend" at which opportune moment, he finally decides to press the dang button. What a guy.)
Junior Hannah, thanks for forgetting altogether that it was picture day and wearing an oversized t-shirt and doing absolutely nothing with all that long, straight, hippie hair. But on the upside, at least your eyebrows were starting to grow back in.
And Senior Hannah, who were you mad at or contemplating murdering?? Would it have killed you to smile?

Did anyone else hate school picture day?

16 comments:

  1. i'm dying. dead. i died.

    sophomore pic though. hoo boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perks of being homeschooled. No school pictures.

    Except for homemade ones that are taken in front of a black furry background that's hanging on the pantry door and wearing a black and dusty rose dress that you thought was the COOLEST dress that you owned....

    Never mind. I'd take school pictures any day.

    #thoseeyebrows #blessthem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I remember what dress you're talking about! And hey, at least when your mom is taking the picture, she's usually trying to get a GOOD one. I think that stupid photographer from my sophomore year was actually TRYING to get a bad picture.

      Delete
  3. I can relate. We had uniforms, so clothes weren't a huge problem. My mom refused to buy most of our school pictures because she thought they were awful. My senior pics turned out pretty well. I know I had one taken when I still had braces, and one major hair fail...Maybe I'll text you mine from high school, but 7th grade was one of my worst, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! You have to send me yours! My mom rarely bought our school pictures either because they were so expensive and they weren't ever great anyway--obviously. My 7th grade pics were so awful, too! Chin length hair and bangs I was in the middle of growing out. Rough. That's an awkward time of life anyway. Haha!

      Delete
  4. Hannah, thank you so much for this post. It's one of my favorites! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hannahbelle, you're crazy! Those are the best pictures ever! I want copies blown up to poster size on my office walls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness, I laughed so hard reading your descriptions hahahaha. Oh man. Mine are pretty terrible as well. Look them up! haha! I love your sophomore one haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I just looked yours up...they're cute! And you look so pretty in your senior pic!

      Delete
  7. Sydney sent me a link and didn't say what it was for. My Monday has now become fun day. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete