Well faithful readers, today marks one whole year of blogging. Who would have thought when I wrote this post in the middle of the night one year ago today that I'd have stuck with it for a whole year? Not me. I wasn't even sure then that I wanted a blog. But it's turned out to be a pretty fun hobby, not to mention a great way to keep track of some personal memories and (obviously) my reading progress.
When I wrote that very first post, I stated that my goal for this blog was "to be intentional about what I read and to share about my literary adventures."
Well since then, I have completed 15 books, 11 of those being books that I read for the first time ever. I wrote recaps on most (if not all) of them. I'd say I've done a pretty good job of sticking to my goal, notwithstanding all those Casual Friday posts and more general silliness than actual bookishness that goes on around here.
So for anyone who's interested, here are a few pertinent deets from my first year of blogging.
- This post is my 131st post.
- As of 7:00 last night, this blog has generated 9,692 views (not including my own which would make that number astronomically misleading). Almost broke that 10,000 mark!
- My number one referring site was facebook.com (thank you, Official Book Club!) with honorable mentions going to carrotsformichaelmas.com and faithbaptistwh.org.
- People from literally all over the world have viewed my blog including people from the UK, Japan (thanks Oak and Caroline!), Russia, Madagascar (I see you, Marris!), India, Poland, France, Germany, and many, many more. I just think that's so super-cool.
- I did an actual giveaway which accounted for the week I got the most blog views and comments.
My five most popular posts were:
1 - My One Hundredth Post (And First Giveaway!) with 323 views. (real shocker. people come when free stuff is involved)
2 - Thanks for the Memories with 126 views. (ahh, nostalgia at its finest)
3 - Marriage with 97 views. (Marriage was one of my personal favorites as well)
4 - Happy Birthday to my Sweet Little Buddy! with 85 views. (go figure. cute animals are a big draw apparently)
5 - Waiting with 72 views. (probably the most vulnerable thing I've posted publicly)
So thank you, THANK YOU to all you lovely people who have kept up with my crazy little corner of cyberspace! I hope you stick around. Here's to another fun year!
...and in the interest of keeping you guys around, what do you like about this blog? What do you not like? Is there anything you'd like to see more of? How about less of? Be brutal. I can take it.