Monday, August 20, 2018

Let's Bust a Recap : 31 Days of Praise

This sweet little book is one to just leave right next to your Bible so you can keep coming back to it again and again. I can't recommend this praise-focused devotional highly enough. 

Each of the 31 days offers a unique prayer centered on God's character and emphasizing His goodness through every circumstance of life. This book helps re-train your mind to worship God at all times and find the things to thank God for even in the midst of trials or sorrow. 

As Dr. Pamela Reeve says in her foreword to the book, "31 Days of Praise is down to earth. It touches you where you live and walks with you where you plod. It is not a book that tells you to praise because 'you are supposed to' and 'you will be blessed' if you do. Rather, it inspires and motivates you to praise from the heart." I definitely found this to be true while I was working my way through this devotional. 

Apart from the daily prayers of praise which is Part II of this little book, I really appreciated Part III entitled "The Importance of Praise." In this section of the book, Mrs. Myers talks about at least eight reasons why praising God is so vital to the Christian. What is particularly excellent about this book as a whole is that Mrs. Myers incorporates Part III into the daily prayers by putting little notes on certain days of praise referring you to a specific section in The Importance of Praise including the page number where you can find that section. This was so well thought out and helpful.

I found that starting my mornings with one of these prayers of praise gave me a vertical focus throughout the rest of the day instead of a horizontal one, and I'm thankful for the extra tools (like this book) that God brings into my life to help me walk closely with Him. This book is a treasure.

"I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth."
Psalm 34:1

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the recap and recommendation. I was looking for a new book to read and this one sounds like a great choice. When purchasing this book, I also bought
    "Thirty-One Days of Power: Learning to Live in Spiritual Victory" by Warren Myers and Ruth Myers and "The Satisfied Heart : 31 Days of Experiencing God's Love" by Ruth Myers. Have you read either of those books?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome!

      I have not read either of those, but I am confident they will be very good based on my reading of this one by them.

      Delete