Friday, August 3, 2018

Casual Fridays

I think today we'll phone it in and just do an extremely basic Currently I'm... post. Because at the time I'm writing this, it's nearly 1 AM and I plan to be dead to the world when this goes live in a few hours. Let's see what I can come up with in the next 15 minutes.

Reading...

... technically, nothing at the moment. And not just because I'll be asleep when this post goes live. I finished The Three Lives of James Madison on Monday, 31 Days of Praise on Tuesday, and The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (say that 5 times fast) last night. Never fear: I totally intend to begin Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis whenever I wake up. And Othello won't be far behind.

Watching...

... Bones. I'm beginning to lose count of how many times I've watched this show from start to finish, though, if we're going to be precise about it, this would actually only be the second time since the show only came to a complete close last year. I'm currently on Season 10 and loving it just as much as I usually do even though I'm super mad at a certain someone right now. (Can't say who because my mommy-in-law is watching the show for the first time and I can't give away any SPOILERS.)

... Alias. Oh yeah. We're throwing it back old school. Cody and I just picked up the first season at FYE and I am hooked. I never saw a single episode of this back in the day, but I am into it now.

... all the movies. Like, seriously, I have been on such a movie kick lately. In the last couple weeks alone, I've managed to squeeze in all five of the Mission Impossible movies (we're going to see the new one tonight!) along with Ladder 49, Cinderella starring Lily James, and First Daughter to name a few. And that's just in the last few weeks. Y'all. Someone stop me.

Anticipating...

... the Netflix release of The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. I mean, since I just confessed the movie kick I've been on and managed to mention Lily James in the same breath, I might as well come clean about this. I adored The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (more about that in a gushing recap to come), and I am psyched for the movie. Even though I just watched the trailer and I'm already feeling very skeptical of the creative license taken to make this into a film, I'm a fan of Lily James (and the rest of the cast I was catching glimpses of in the trailer) and I think it's worth a viewing. 

... Mission Impossible 6 tonight! (No, I will never call 4, 5, and 6 by their lame names, and yes, I know we pretty much already covered this in the last section, but it is now 1:08 AM: you get what you get.)

Eating...

... Publix buffalo chicken dip on Tostitos Bite Size tortilla chips. If you don't know the delicious goodness that is this perfect snack (or breakfast, don't judge me), then you aren't living. Get down to the Southeast and get on my level.

... Luigi's Lemon Italian Ice. Because Florida summer. 

... leftovers for days, y'all. I don't know why we seem to be in leftover heaven lately, but we have been and you won't hear me complaining. I think I've subconsciously been cooking in bulk just so I won't actually have to cook every day. 

Listening...

... to Relient K's Air for Free album. It's such a chill summer jam album, and I love it.

... to Train. Whatever album I land on. They're just my go-to. 

... to my entire iPod on shuffle. This is not something I typically do because I have over 10,000 songs on it or something crazy like that, but once every 6 years or so, I just get in the mood to have the whole thing on shuffle and that's the mood I'm in now. It's pretty fun.

... to Despacito. Honestly, I don't know the entire literal translation of this song, and if it's inappropriate, I apologize but don't tell me because it will be a very long time before I stop dancing around to this. 

Feeling...

... so very proud of my littlest sister who just signed her letter of intent to play college tennis on a scholarship because she is the bomb and doing it huge. (Also, I can't believe we're all officially and legally adults now. Is this real life? And can I possibly be this old?)

... bereft of sweet nephew snuggles. I need more in my life. Like yesterday. A six hour drive is too far away, and they're trying to take him to Germany?! I ain't doin' it.

... a teensy bit proud of myself because as of last night, I have read 26 books so far this year and 16 of those are even from my original 2018 book list. Not too shabby, and we still have five months to go. 

Loving...

... my family. 

... my friends.

... my church.

... my life.

... my bed. It's 1:32 AM, and I am done

What's currently going on with you?

4 comments:

  1. Reading: Harry Potter, Book 3. taking my time with it because i'm really, really enjoying it and don't want it to be over. who am i?

    Watching: i saw mission impossible 6 last week and it. is. so. good. so, so good. i was disappointed by one particular thing about the ending though, so i'll be interested to hear your thoughts. i'm also watching Amy Adams DESTROY acting in HBO's Sharp Objects every Sunday. that's a hard marry for Amy Adams. she's so good. and so is the show. jean-marc vallee is a visual storytelling GENIUS.

    Anticipating: i have a show next friday. beach sunday. sleeping in tomorrow. going for a run on said beach. reading more Harry Potter and watching more Sharp Objects.

    Eating: delicious jambalaya!

    Feeling: fat from the jambalaya but not caring. rested after finally getting off the house-sitting gig i was doing and sleeping in my own dang bed last night. what a feeling.

    Loving: life. today's a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No "listening"?

      Ugh. I'm so glad we agreed about the thing that was completely wrong in MI:6. I'm still not over it.

      Delete
  2. Reading... Just started Villette by Charlotte Bronte that I got last night at your first annual Christmas book exchange! (Please tell me you're going to mention it in a blog post and repeat the event every year because it was so fun!) I'm also catching up on your blog posts right now because I'm so behind.

    Watching movie nights every week in rabbit with the Twitch fam... We're going through the Fast & Furious movies on Netflix right now. So cheesy. Also, rest in peace Paul Walker. And have you finished Alias yet?

    Anticipating starting my new job on Monday - we have some catching up to do, best friend! Also, I'll be starting my new streaming schedule on Monday, and I'm kinda nervous about how well I'll be able to stick to it. Lol

    Eating nothing atm. But looking at having some tacos later today, and I can't wait!!

    Listening to my niece and nephew give their 55 lb dog a bath. I have no inclination to go in there and help them. Haha

    Feeling gross. And tired. And sore. Because sometimes, it's hard to be a woman. Can I get a witness??

    Loving my family, my Twitch life, my best friend and her blog, and the fact that I am a child of God!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. New job?? What?!

      We have somewhat stalled on season 3 of Alias, but we got the rest of the show for Christmas so maybe we will get it started back up now that we have all of it on DVD.

      Tacos sound soooo good.

      And I don't know if I'll blog about the book exchange, but I definitely think we need to make it an annual event!

      Delete