Friday, March 16, 2018

Casual Fridays

Ok, I have a lot of thoughts today, but the first thing we need to talk about is this: I was recently on a day trip to Gatorland with a group of 5th and 6th grade girls from my church as a chaperone (really, this should have been my first clue). I work with these girls in my church's AWANA program. Miss Mary has been running this group since I was in 5th grade and whenever I go on these outings with them, in my mind, I'm still one of Miss Mary's girls. So all these adorable girls show up with their cute little colorful backpacks, and we're all talking and giggling and comparing our accessories fashion when I have this sudden stroke of enlightenment that I've owned the little drawstring backpack on my back—which I got during my college days—longer than these girls have been alive. 
And then I died. The end.

But seriously when did I go from being a 5th grade girl to being old enough to have a 5th grade girl?? I can't. Let's move on.
LPL was a few weeks ago, and the dynamic was so different this year. It was right down the road from where the Parkland school shooting happened and there were family members of some of the victims in attendance. As a Floridian, I know I was feeling pretty numb that weekend, and it was hard to enter in to some of the more joyful worship that the LPL crew always bring. They began the weekend with a beautiful tribute to the lives that were lost in the shooting, and it was good to have an outlet for the grief that that heinous crime brought. Ms. Beth gave us a little "Hydrology Theology," speaking on how the Holy Spirit is the spring of Living Water within us. The best part of the weekend though was being able to attend the SSMT Celebration after the official LPL event concluded. 2017 was my third year participating in SSMT, but I haven't made it to any of the celebrations before now because they're usually in Houston. It was so fun meeting some of my Siestas and cheering each other on as we recited our Scriptures to each other. 
#beachtherapy
February 17th was a day for pink books and teeny tiny broken shells. The waves that pound you somehow have a way of smoothing the rough edges, too. God is good in the midst of it all. 

"I have learned to kiss the wave that drives me against the Rock of Ages." 
-Charles Spurgeon-

And here are just some random photos of life lately....
The crazies got haircuts this week. Yay! for less dog hair flying around! Aren't they sweet?
This happened. 
That's a 523 on the electronic Yahtzee. 
I'm such a winner, you guys. 
And stop judging me for keeping an electronic Yahtzee game in my purse. 
And now I will share with you my Mini-Banana Muffin recipe which is a total homerun. When we get random cold snaps in March (not funny, Florida), I bake. Seriously, this recipe doesn't miss. You're welcome. 

Ingredients: 
3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2-1 tsp cinnamon (I tend to go heavier on the cinnamon than the average human.)

2 ripe bananas (seriously, the browner the better)
1/4 cup + 2T sugar
2T + 2 tsp butter
1/2 egg

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees then mix your dry and wet ingredients separately. Add the dry mixture to your banana mixture and mix till smooth. Spray your muffin tin with non-stick spray and then spoon your mixture into it. Bake for 10 minutes and enjoy. This recipe yields exactly 24 muffins which is one mini-muffin tray. Perfect. 

Link Love
- HiHo Kids : Welcome to my latest youtube obsession. Literally.

International Women's Day : My feelings exactly.

- Family First : And while we're on James Breakwell—I died. This guy is too funny.

- KFC/Taco Bell : This makes me laugh so hard. Maybe my sense of humor is really immature, but I just don't care. 

- Savchenko & Massot : Because just because the Olympics are over doesn't mean I'm ever going to stop watching this flawless routine by the Germans. Wow. Make sure to watch all the way to 6:00. 

- James & Cipres : Bonus figure skating video. It's not from the Olympics, but it's also mesmerizing. Be sure to watch till 5:15.

- I Ain't Doin' It (Easter Edition) : She just keeps gettin' better, y'all. 

And finally, my sister-in-love who is the prettiest pregnant fairy princess ever is due today, and I'm dying to meet my newest little niece or nephew. Let's go, Baby Oz!!
Jennifer Corcoran Photography

10 comments:

  1. first paragraph is points. and that joan cusack clip is from "shameless" and i love that show so more points.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thanks for the points. Numerically speaking, how many would you say I have? And how many should I aspire to?

      Delete
  2. I loved checking out the links you shared!

    ReplyDelete
  3. woohoo! Made the blog (heart eyes).
    You're amazing at Yahtzee & I freely hail you as queen. We're all playing for second.
    wish I was around to enjoy your mini muffins. they look amazing. & thanks for the recipe :)
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the best for not only reading my blog, but commenting on it. <3

      Cody actually scored over 500 the other day, but he didn't beat my high score.

      I love you and can't wait to come snuggle that baby. I'm actually off work all this week so as soon as you go into labor, Auntie Hannah is on her way!!

      Delete
  4. all that matters is that you're getting them. it's about the journey, not the destination.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LPL - so good. I should try your mini-banana muffin recipe on my stream sometime :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. ALSO that GIF with "then I died. The end." You're just THE BEST. HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you find my painful death amusing.



















      Thanks.

      Delete