Friday, November 17, 2017

Birthday Joy!

I'd like to take today to direct your attention to the right side of your screen (if you are viewing my blog on your phone, you're going to need to scroll down to the bottom and change to the web view). Have you noticed that Compassion box? As you can see, I share a birthday with our sweet girl Shallot. She lives in Uganda, and today, she turns 10 years old. She wants to be a nurse when she grows up. We love her dearly and pray for her consistently. We write her letters, and she writes us back. I would encourage you to consider sponsoring a child in need. You will change his or her life for the better and fall in love in the process. We hope to be able to visit Shallot one day, but we may never get to hug her this side of Heaven. If you have questions about how this all works, I would love to talk to you more about this amazing ministry. 

Also, I have dedicated my birthday this year to helping Compassion raise money for clean water. If you aren't in a position to take on an ongoing financial commitment like becoming a child's sponsor, please consider making a one-time gift to this fundraiser to provide a family with the life-changing gift of clean water. Click here to learn more!

3 comments:

  1. This is amazing! Honestly, my birthday has always been kinda depressing to me. Idk why, ever since I was little I didn't like my birthday. Maybe bc I knew I was growing up. meh. Anyways, love this idea. Thanks for putting it out there, raising awareness and raising funds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am the same way about birthdays! 16 was my last fun birthday; since then, I've just kindof dreaded them. But being able to do the Compassion fundraiser this year definitely made it more awesome!

      Delete
    2. I shouldn't say 16 was my LAST fun birthday. I've had very fun birthdays since then, but not because I was looking forward to getting older. Because my family made them fun for me DESPITE the getting older part. LOL!

      Delete