Wednesday, October 21, 2020

A Word for Wednesday

 "It remains certainly true that all natural loves can be inordinate.
Inordinate does not mean 'insufficiently cautious.' Nor does it mean 'too big.'
It is not a quantitative term.
It is probably impossible to love any human being simply 'too much.'
We may love him too much in proportion to our love for God;
but it is the smallness of our love for God, 
not the greatness of our love for the man,
that constitutes the inordinacy."

~from The Four Loves by C.S. Lewis~

2 comments:

  1. Love this.
    & I just noticed your Good Reads widget! Is it up to date?? What even is THE BEAN TREES?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'm pretty diligent about keeping it up to date and Caroliiiiiiiiine! It's the book I got out of the Little Free Library the other day even though I HAD A BOOK WITH ME TO READ. 🙈🙈🙈 I finished it a couple days ago so recap coming soon!

      Delete