Tuesday, September 18, 2018

A Tuesday Confession

Meet my dishwashing buddies.
This is an entire collection of McDonald's Happy Meal toys.
My confession is not that my standing McDonald's order is a 6-pc chicken nugget Happy Meal with buffalo sauce and chocolate milk.
Nor is it that I eat enough McDonald's to collect an entire set of the Happy Meal toys in a 6 week period.
It's not even that I traded toys with my 2 and 3 year old nieces so I could collect all ten.

My confession is that I used my husband's facebook account to go onto a group page of Happy Meal toy collectors and I traded toys with perfect strangers on the internet to complete my collection.

The little arctic fox flew here from a sweet family in Nebraska.
The sea turtle made its way from a darling nurse practitioner in Alabama.
And the manta ray traveled all the way from a college kid in California.

Yes, they all sit on my kitchen window sill.
No, I never let any of the myriad kids who are constantly in and out of this house ever touch them. There are plenty of other toys to play with here.

9 comments:

  1. Hands down the best link you've ever put in one of your posts. (slow clap)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah. If it were a thing, I would frame this blog post internet-ally for all to see whenever they show up. This is pure gold. I adore you & no, I will never judge.
    heart heart heart heart heart heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have nothing but respect for you and your habit. and don't let those little demons touch them. ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Over my dead body. Literally. When I bequeath them to the lucky winner of my affection in my will.

      Delete
  4. This cracks me up. Love those little guys!! No judgement!!! 💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! If it weren't for your girls getting all their toys in triplicates, my collection might never have been completed!

      Delete
  5. I just love you, best friend. Don't ever change. I mean, clothes you can change. But nothing else... Well, maybe hairstyles too. BUT THAT'S IT. ... I think.

    ReplyDelete