Friday, May 18, 2018

Casual Fridays

Hello friends! This blog has been sadly neglected of late, but hopefully you've been enjoying our Wednesday quotes and you can forgive me for not posting anything else since our recap of The Wizard of Oz waaaaaaay back on April the 2nd. 
Dead Sea ~ 4/11/18
Shortly after that post, I left the country to fulfill a lifelong bucket list goal of mine on a trip to Israel. (I plan to blog about it someday, but it was a big trip and even the thought of trying to blog it is a tad overwhelming.) I've also been overjoyed to welcome two of the sweetest little men you ever did meet into this world, and they have entirely stolen my heart. They bookended my April arriving on the 1st and the 30th, and I can't get enough sweet snuggles. This Auntie's heart is full to overflowing.
I've also gotten some serious quality time with all my favorite girls in the form of soccer games, backyard camp outs, and just general gypsy-princessing. 
So there's been a lot going on and I haven't been blogging. I have still been reading. A little. I managed to read 3 books during the month of April, and I'm just starting to come out of the dark place they took me enough to attempt some recaps so stay tuned for those coming the next few weeks. I'm currently still slugging my way through Anna Karenina (I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! I may not finish in May but definitely June), and I've also just barely started The Professor by Charlotte Bronte. 
That's all for this little snapshot of my sweet life these days. Excited to celebrate 6 years of marriage with my honey this weekend. Much love to you and yours, and please fill me in on what your April and May have looked like this year down in those comments! 

5 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to hear about your trip to Israel! I've been finishing various non-list books over the last couple months - The Road Back to You, The Birth Order Book, and Beyond Ordinary. I did finally finish Jo's Boys, and watched the first episode of the Masterpiece Little Women - it's good so far, but different.
    I've been teaching since the end of March, and my class wraps up today...with a new course beginning on Monday. Mostly been hanging out with the boys at home. I bought a French press and enjoy using that for coffee. Our freezer died this week, so hopefully it can be repaired next week. We didn't lose all the food, so that's a blessing.
    Would love to chat soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I hope it's already fixed! That's such a bummer, but I'm glad you didn't lose all the food.

      I've been going back and forth on whether or not I want to watch the new Little Women. How many episodes are there? Have you watched any more?

      You are amazing for teaching AND bringing up two small boys!! What classes have you been teaching?

      I'll definitely blog the Israel trip. Just still trying to get all our photos together. :)

      Delete
    2. It got fixed yesterday, for under my target amount (if the repair costs too much, may as well buy a new one)!

      I think it's 3 episodes? Thursdays are my nights to watch what girly things while Ean is giving violin lessons at the church. So far, they've included some things that the other movie didn't (Beth and Mr. Lawrence!), but I didn't care for the portrayal of Amy so far (Kirsten Dunst has my heart for young Amy).

      I've been teaching Western Civ 1 pretty consistently for the last few years. Naptime is when I do my grading. It's all online, so the flexibility is priceless.

      Sorting through travel photos can take awhile. I never printed pictures from Europe, but at this point, it would need to be a small collage. My camera now has such better quality!

      Delete
    3. I never printed photos from Europe either! I always wanted to make a scrapbook of that trip.

      I agree that Kirsten Dunst is the best young Amy, but the 1949 Little Women with June Allyson playing Jo will always be my favorite.

      Delete
    4. I haven't seen the 1949 version, though that sounds promising! My sister and I were both in tears during episode 2, and there's a beautiful section with Mr. Brooke going off to war with the girls singing "Land of the Leal," which is a for real Scottish song. I've been humming it for the past few days. I'll get to episode 3 sometime this week, hopefully!

      Delete