Tuesday, February 27, 2018

A Tuesday Confession

Sometimes (read: more often than not) I leave the lid of my washing machine open when I'm doing laundry.
Not on purpose.
But because I actually forget to close it once I get the load in.
And then I come back to put the clothes in the dryer and my washer is just sitting there wide open with a load of wet clothes inside.

Getting old is hard, y'all.

At least the load actually runs with the lid up, and I can just roll my eyes and shake my head while I'm moving my clean clothes over into the dryer.

Anyone else?

9 comments:

  1. 🙋🏼‍♀️ My new one won’t do the spin cycle with the lid open....so I have had clean, sopping wet clothes to put straight in the dryer. Lol 🤦🏼‍♀️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!! At least you don't mean to do it, or else this would turn into a "Tuesday Counseling Session" lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. imagining your house filling with soapy foam but it still being like a party

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My reaction to this comment as a kid: THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!

      My reaction to this comment as a grown-up: That would be AWFUL.

      Growing up sucks.

      Delete
    2. BUT think of all the things grown-up you gets to experience as opposed to little-kid you! ;)

      Delete
    3. Ummmm....paying bills, arthritis, gray hair, having a mortgage, indigestion......I'm gonna stick with growing up sucks.

      Delete
    4. Umm, what about marriage?!?? Lol

      Delete
    5. What about it? It's awesome, but more likely than not, one of us is going to die before the other one instead of going together peacefully in our sleep so that sucks too. Also, we were still kids when we got married so it's in a gray, overlapping place on the Venn Diagram of Life.

      (I'm very pessimistic today, probably because I have to go to the grocery store which is something else I didn't have to do when I was a kid. I'm sure I'll feel better about everything tomorrow.)

      Delete