Tuesday, August 15, 2017

A Tuesday Confession

I know this post isn't going to win me any friends, but I am not on board with this whole essential oils craze.
My friends are all, "Don't you want to get rid of all these toxic chemical cleaners you use and be healthy?" and I'm all, "Pass the bleach and excuse me while I spray everything in my house with Lysol."
It hasn't killed me yet.
In fact, I'd argue that thanks to all these wonderfully effective, bacteria-murdering cleaners, our lifespans have lengthened and our quality of living has improved.
But that's just me.
You do you.

14 comments:

  1. some people be crazy about their oils. i mainly use the when i am sick or have an upset stomach; even then i still use Ibuprofen and Acetaminophen while i am sick. so besides that, i don't use them for the counter cleaner, bathroom cleaner, and all that jazz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done both, I don't want my kids drinking either of them.

    And I have to agree with "the smell of bleach means a clean house". And PineSol, I LOVE pineSol. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, y'all have a more balanced outlook--hallelujah! I love me some PineSol too!! Haha!

      Delete
  3. Yes!!!! I wish that we lived closer so that we could discuss these deep life topics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jess. I should've known we'd be of one mind on this.

      Delete
  4. Agreed. Bleach means it's clean. I used my sister's oils once when we were both sick, and the relief from my symptoms was very short. I'd rather take Sudafed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! If people get relief by using them: power to them. But you can't convince me that spraying some orange extract on a counter top is more effective than spraying bleach on said counter.

      Did you use them topically or did you ingest it?

      Delete
  5. I use the oils my sister gives me. Hahaha. Other than that, I'm not crazy into them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Medicine when I'm sick. Which I seem to be on at least a semiannual basis. Lol

      Delete
    2. Do you ingest them or use them topically?

      Delete
    3. Both. I have capsules that I put the oils into and swallow with water. I also rub certain oils on my throat and feet.

      Delete