Friday, December 2, 2016

Casual Fridays

Listen, y'all. My family wins at gifting. And the funniest thing about that is: I don't think "Gifts" is even the love language of anyone in my family. But we love each other a lot, we love spending time together and talking and knowing everything about each other so that naturally comes out in our gift-giving. Remember earlier this year when I just randomly received Gerald in the mail? Remember the gorgeous books my husband got me for my birthday? And I haven't even told you about how I never used to wear jewelry at all until my mommy(in-law) started finding me jewelry that I actually love and wear all the time now. They just get me. 

And this year, my Mom wins. I mean, my Mom wins all day, every day, forever and ever amen, but this year, the birthday present she gave me rendered me speechless and made me cry. Remember way back to this post when I off-handedly mentioned that I always wanted a Hushabye Mountain music box like the one from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang?
It plays Hushabye Mountain.

And you wind it by cranking the windmill.

I am in love with this music box.

Have you seen Chitty Chitty Bang Bang?? His workshop is INSIDE THE WINDMILL

My Mom didn't just casually keep her eye out for some music box that played Hushabye Mountain. She actively searched for one, ordered it from England, found this beautiful wooden music box, and then hunted down a person who could take the Hushabye Mountain song out of the music box it was originally in and put it into the windmill music box. She's been working on this gift for months.

And she kept it all a secret. 

I play it everyday.
Thank you, Mom! I love you forever!

2 comments:

  1. Wow...Mom seriously is the best and does win all day, every day, forever and ever amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am touched. You are worth it and so much more. I love you forever.

    ReplyDelete