Tuesday, November 10, 2015

For the Love of FALL, Y'all!

Listen guys. I realize it's been a little quiet around here. And before it got quiet, we wandered deep into the pumpkin-y realms.

But today, I have a bone to pick with the free world. Or maybe it's just the state of Georgia. I'm not entirely sure.

ALL THE PLACES HAVE STOPPED SERVING PUMPKIN-FLAVORED THINGS.

And I'm so not okay with it. 

Over this past weekend, Cody, Sarah, and I traveled up to Georgia to say our last goodbyes to my brother and sister-in-law before they make a giant move to Japan. (Caroline, we didn't really say goodbye. We said, "We're coming to Japan all the time now." Because we are.) Anyway, back to the point of this post. At two different establishments over the weekend, I was told that all the pumpkin had gone away. I won't name any names--cough*CRACKERBARREL*cough*DAIRYQUEEN*cough--but I was extremely disappointed.

And here's the real kicker: when I asked about specific menu items (pumpkin custard from Cracker Barrel and the pumpkin pie blizzard from DQ), the response I got as to why these items were no longer being served was, and I quote, "Well, we only serve those things during fall-time."

Excu' me, miss! What?! Last time I checked, winter does not begin until December 21st. Since when is November not "fall-time"?? Friendly reminder: after Halloween comes THANKSGIVING (not Christmas) and it's supposed to be Pumpkin Heaven, okay?

I can't even.

Someone--anyone--please tell me where I can get a pumpkin fix like, yesterday. I'm desperate. 

6 comments:

  1. My house. I'll make you something pumpkin-y!!! 😘😘😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is straight up dumb. And also not cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. People are dumb. How do people forget the BEST holiday on the calendar?? Blows my mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BROTHER!! Are you in Japan?? How was the flight? How is the weather? How are you and Caroline? Tell me everything. But maybe e-mail me about it or call me.

      Delete